I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Below please find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Please feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Have a safe and healthy week!
- 7 Practical Ways to Use Your Strengths at Work – In this FREE webinar, Gallup Certified Strengths Facilitator and Career Coach, La Tondra Murray will talk about leveraging your talents more intentionally in the workplace. July 15th at 12 PM ET. RSVP HERE.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- Relationships: The Way We Talk and the Way We Listen Changes Everything – This piece by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. and Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D., discusses how to fully listen to your partner, without judgment or filters. The way we talk and listen to each other changes everything.
- Video Game and Social Media Battles – Family Therapist, Jennifer Kolari, helps parents learn effective ways to limit and regulate their kid’s screen time, social media, and gaming in this 15-minute podcast.
- See the Financial Wellbeing section below for ‘Teaching Kids Money Basics’.
- Teaching Kids Money Basics – From teaching young kids the differences between wants and needs, to showing teens the value of earning, saving, and consequences of debt, join this webinar from Principal and learn how you can be a positive influence on the children in your life and their financial future. Wednesday, July 15th at 12 PM ET. RSVP HERE.
- The Real Story About “Good” and “Bad” Cholesterol – Triple-board certified health expert and 4-time New York Times best-selling author, JJ Virgin, clears up the confusion on cholesterol For part 2 of this blog by JJ, which discusses how to improve your cholesterol levels with diet, click here.
- Pilates Mat – Join Namaste Wellness for this FREE classic 30-minute Pilates mat class to strengthen and tone your core. July 15th at 7:30 AM. RSVP HERE.
- The Science of Well-Being: How to Stay Happy Even in Tough Times – Laurie Santos is a professor of psychology at Yale and her course on happiness at Yale became the most popular course in Yale history. In this reply with Dr. Santos, you’ll learn 7 insights on the science of happiness and how happiness and gratitude can help you build resilience during times of crisis.
- How to Stop Doomscrolling Every Time You Go Online – When our digital life has fundamentally become a stressful extension of our offline lives, it can feel like we can’t catch a break. Here are 9 tips to help you build boundaries with intention that doesn’t involve the common advice of “just log off”.
- Gratitude Gifts for Delivery Drivers – Our delivery drivers have been working extra hard to ensure that we have been getting all the products we need during this difficult time. Let’s show them our gratitude! Click here for some inspiration.
EMPLOYER FOCUSED RESOURCES
- Google’s Head of Wellness Explains Their Current Approach to Wellness – In this article, Google’s Wellness and Resilience Lead, Lauren Whitt, discusses what they are doing to help employees remain healthy, both mentally and physically, during these uncertain times.
- Ideas to Improve Employee Health & Culture – The Cleveland Clinic and Bravo are hosting a webinar on July 16th at 12 PM ET to discuss their occupational health strategy for onsite works, their employee assistance initiatives to improve employees’ physical, emotional, social, and financial well-being, and ways to nurture the organizational culture during this time. RSVP HERE.
About the Author
Andrea Davis, Director of Wellbeing
Andrea joined Alera Group Northeast (formerly CBP) in July 2013, bringing over 15 years of experience in management consulting and strategic solutions. As the Director of Wellbeing, she is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wellness strategies for existing and prospective Alera Group clients. She provides assistance and support to Alera Group clients by developing personalized programs that fit clients’ unique health management needs, wellness program implementation, committee development, promotion and marketing of their programs to encourage participation. In addition, Andrea conducts program analysis and generates reports related to program participation, health assessment and client utilization.